Are you ready for a job called "caregiving?"
am now so aware of how unprepared we were to begin caring for a parent with Alzheimer's Disease. Not only did we not understand the disease, we did not understand the impact of caregiving on our own health. If you are considering taking on the challenge of caregiving, here is a test you can take to see if you have some of the answers you are going to need.
- Do you know what "sundowning" is?
- What are the two statements most often made by Alzheimer's victims? Would you know how to answer them?
- Do you know how many calories per day persons with Alzheimer's require just to maintain their weight?
- Do you know about the "COPES" program?
- What is an omsbuds and how can they help caregivers?
- What will probably be the most difficult thing you have to do as a caregiver?
- What is "GentleCare?"
- How familiar are you with Validation Therapy?
- Can you name five sensory changes caused by Alzheimer's and how they will affect how your loved one is able to perform normal functions?
- Do you know what ADL's are?
If you have the answers to these questions, then you are much more prepared than I was for caregiving. If you don't have them, and would like to know more, please send an email to Victoria at email@example.com.
Contact Care Tender at: firstname.lastname@example.org